We are excited to share with you several options to participate in our inaugural events.
Whether you are here in New Orleans or anywhere around the world, we encourage you to join us in this historic and joyous celebration of the 17th president of Loyola University New Orleans, Tania Tetlow, J.D.
Missioning Mass - Thursday, 11/15, 11:30 a.m. CST
Inauguration Ceremony - Friday, 11/16, 4 p.m. CST
Missioning Mass - Thursday, 11/15, post-event
Inauguration Ceremony - Friday, 11/16, post-event
Local New Orleans Broadcast
Inauguration - WUPL Saturday, 11/17, 8-9 p.m. CST
- Channel 54, Cox & AT&T U-Verse Channel 2, Charter Channel 16, Direct TV Channel 54
Missioning Mass - WLAE Tuesday, 11/20, at 8 p.m. CST
Meet Tania Tetlow:
- Our university’s first female and first lay president.
- A proud New Orleanian.
- A graduate of both Tulane University and Harvard Law School, as well as a Harry Truman fellow.
- A lifelong member of the Loyola community. Her parents were teachers here, her uncle was dean of the College of Arts and Sciences as well as head of the alumni association, and she was baptized at Holy Name – she grew up on this campus.
- A Catholic. And more than that, a firm believer in the value of the Jesuit tradition. In her own words, Loyola and its Jesuit mission are the reason for her success. She calls this place the engine of her opportunity.